Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2018

I Wonder (8)

I Wonder what is The Great Wave off Kanagawa?

The Great Wave off KanagawaFirst off I wanna explain what The Great Wave off Kanagawa is. It is a woodblock print made by an old artist in Japan. It is known by different names like The Great Wave or simply The Wave and the name means "Under the waves off Kanagawa." The Famous artist was an old person named Katsushika Hokusai supposedly born on October 31st 1760 and was famous for Ukiyo-e paintings. Ukiyo-e paintings are a Japanese genre art which usually has Kabuki actors and Sumo wrestlers in it, the scenes from this paintings are usually from Japanese folk tales, history, travel scenes and landscapes with flowers or some creepy looking ones. Ukiyo-e translates to "Pictures of the floating world" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.