Pages

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Assertive

Learning outcome

Communicate what you have learnt and how you will apply what you know to the Year 9 Business Kete...

                                                                  Definition
                                                                  
                                                                Aggressive 

               Fighting back and showing forceful manner (Verbal or Non-Verbal or a Physical manner)

                                                                 Assertive

                              Having or showing a confident and forceful personality

                                                                  Passive

        Accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.


I have learnt that being aggressive can make other peoples thought about you in a negative way and it's not the only way to talk back or respond to a situation.
Also being passive is not really a good thing since people will keep telling you what to do because they know you won't do anything and being assertive is the perfect way to go about a situation being able to be calm and talk the situation out.

I myself is sometimes Assertive since I talk back from time to time but I mostly don't listen to what the other person is ranting about and make sarcastic comments.

During the Business and Enterprise Kete, I will be able to reduce conflict by being assertive. For example, I can tell the other person we can just talk about the situation calmly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.