Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2018

MOKO

In the past or even today, Moko is a tattoo on the face or your body to represent who you are or what you have achieved in life. One example is when you reach adolescence you get a Moko or a tattoo on your chin but before that, you have to fast which means not eat until you get tattooed.
 Usually, you get a lower status in your tribe when you flinch when getting tattoed or when you have achieved a simple thing. Maori tribes have used these tattoos to represent who they are.
I have made my own one though it's not that good and didn't really put my best into to it or I'm just bad at art.

The top bit represent my parents family getting together. The koru on the sides means I'm still growing as a person. The moko on the side that looks like ladders means I'm artistic though I'm not too sure about that. The thing on the bottom means I'm an average family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.