Pages

Thursday 23 August 2018

Human Digestive System


Mouth


-The mouth is where we ingest food
-We chew food with our teeth
-Canine teeth stab and rip food
-Incisors cut out food
-Our molar masticate (grind) the food
-The Salivary glands release saliva into out mouth and keep it moist
-The saliva breaks down the sugar in our food and lubricates it

Oesophagus

-It's a conduit for food and waters

Stomach

-Stomach acid kills the bacteria that entered your body 
-The Stomach breaks down the food into a paste

Duodenum

-This part of the digestive system receives chyme which is acid.

Pancreas

-Converts food into energy
-The pancreas also add more chemicals to the duodenum to break more bacteria

Gall Bladder

-To store bile 

Small intesitine

-It absorb and digest food (Nutrients, Mineral)

Liver

-It produces protein
-It also is one of the organ that break down old or damage blood cell

Appendix

-Storehouse for good bacteria

Large Intestine

-Absorbs water and useless material from the body

Rectum

-Temporary storehouse for feces

Anus

-A hole your feces comes out of

Why do you have a mouth?Image result for mouth

-To chew food.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post as it's reminded me of what I've learned in Biology when I was in high school. Thank you and well done!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.