Pages

Friday 22 June 2018

Music Matariki (Wairua-Music2018)

Things we've done this term

We have been learning our line and choreography for a music video on Wairua a Modern Maori Music which we have chosen for our Matariki performance. As of right now, we have finished everything, we've learnt our lines, finish our choreography and took a video of it, the teacher has also finished editing it.

What have I learnt in Music this term and Matariki?

I have learnt about Matariki which is a Maori New Year and Matariki is the Maori name for a group of seven stars known as the Pleiades star cluster. 
Matariki is a star cluster which appears in the night sky during mid-winter. 
According to the Maramataka (the Māori lunar calendar), the reappearance of Matariki brings the old lunar year to a close and marks the beginning of the new year. Hence, Matariki is associated with the Māori New Year.

(Names of the stars)
-Wai-puna-a-rangi
-Tupua-nuku
-Tupu-a-rangi
-Ururangi
-Waita
-Matariki

                                                             

Image result for matariki

How does our finished whole class video show my work?

It shows that we work hard on practising and remembering our choreography, remembering our lines and persevering until we got our finish product and it paid off since it looks pretty good.

What did I enjoy most about this project?

The dancing since it was pretty fun though I'm not really a person who likes the spotlight so it can be pretty hard, the dancing was pretty cool and it turned out well.

What did I find the most challenging?

The lyrics were pretty hard to remember at first, I couldn't even pronounce a sentence fast and got tongue tied but I persevered.

If I do this again what would I have done differently and why?

I would have been more confident and outgoing and possibly done a different dance move because it was pretty sloppy since I didn't really know what dance move I was gonna do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.