Pages

Monday 26 March 2018

Bouncy Balls

Aim

The purpose of my investigation is to find out how high a ball can bounce at a certain height.

Equipment

-Golf ball
-1m Ruler
-Clamp
-Devices (That is able to record)

Hypothesis

The higher the ball drop the higher bounce but not higher from where you drop the ball.

Method

-Get the equipment needed (ball, ruler, stand with boss head, papers to put your data on and camera)
-Try out my investigation 3 times at 5 certain height while my camera is recording in slow motion.
-Records my data.
-Put in a graph 
Finish off experiment by blogging it

Key Variables

The Dependent Variable -The height of the ball bounces

The Independent Variable -The height of the ball

Control Variables-Surface of where you drop the ball
                            -The type of ball you use





Drop Height
Height
Of
First
Bounce

Trial 1
Trial 2
Trial 3
Average

0.2 (m)9 (cm)14 (cm)13.5 (cm)14 (cm)
0.4 (m)27 (cm)27 (cm)27 (cm)27 (cm)
0.6 (m)34 (cm)33 (cm)32 (cm)34 (cm)
0.8 (m)43 (cm)44 (cm)40 (cm)44 (cm)
1 (m)s52.5 (cm)50 (cm)51 (cm)52.5 (cm)

Conclusion

My hypothesis was correct  "The higher the ball drop the higher bounce but not higher from where you drop the ball.'' 



 


1 comment:

  1. Great job! Physics is my favourite Science study because you apply Mathematics in most of the lessons.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.