Pages

Monday 19 March 2018

Growing Crystals

Aim

I want to find out how to make crystals from a supersaturated solution

Equipment

-A super solution of Sodium Acetate
-A seed crystal of Sodium Acetate
-Bunsen burner
-Boiling Tube
-Test Tube Tongs
-Heat Mat
-Funnel
-Filter Paper
-Small Beaker

Method

-Fold the Filter paper. and put it in the funnel (The teacher will show you)
-Put the funnel on either the Beaker or the Test tube.
-Put in the solution given by the teacher.
- Wait for it until it reacher 2/3 of the Test Tube/Beaker
-Set up the Bunsen Burner
-Heat up the Solution
-Take it in and out
-Once down cool it down with water for 5 minutes
-After that take it and drop a crystal

Results



Discussion

-After boiling my solution and cooling it down, I put some crystal in it exploded into a crystal.
-








No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.