Pages

Monday 26 March 2018

Dissolving Solution

Aim

To investigate the solubility of Calcium Chloride and Magnesium Oxide to see which is the most soluble in water.

Equipment

-A 250ml Beaker
-100ml Measuring Cylinder
-Calcium Chloride
-Magnesium Oxide
-A Stirring Rod
-A Spatula

Method

-Fill the Beaker with 100ml of tap water
-Add a bit Calcium Chloride by using a Spatula
-Stir the solution until all of the Calcium Chloride has dissolved
-Repeat steps 2 and 3 until no more Calcium Chloride will dissolve into the solution
-Records with how many Calcium Chloride you added with the spatula.
-Repeats the experiment, with Magnesium Oxide

Results

Solute

-Calcium Chloride-2
-Magnesium Oxide-6

Discussion 

-It took really long to dissolve Calcium Chloride.
-It took less time to dissolve magnesium Oxide and more to dissolve.










No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.