Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2018

New Zealand Government

New Zealand government system is a democracy which means that New Zealanders have ultimate power in the way they are governed, but it is hard to use that power without knowing how the government works.
So we get to vote for Parliament every three years, but there is a lot more than elections. A democracy should give citizens many opportunities to participate in decision making providing that people who vote cannot abuse the power the people are given, respect for the voices of the minorities as well as the majorities, a judge who treats everyone equally, freedom from corruption and many more. The way New Zealand's government system work is pretty good and I agree with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.