Pages

Monday 29 July 2019

Boomerangs and Aboriginal Art!

In Social Studies we studied aboriginal arts and the meaning behind it. We made a boomerang and painted it to make our own story.



What does your symbol mean? And the colours?
I used the Australian aboriginal designs and painted my boomerang to make a story.
On the bottom of the boomerang, on both sides, I painted the symbol of a man.
I did the bush tucker design after then the witchetty grub design.
The dots in the middle is my ancestors.
I used brown for the background to make the aboriginal theme and then I just used normal colours.

What did you do well with your research?
I was able to explain why aboriginals used this type of art and why they used boomerangs.
The arts is to make a hidden story where only they can understand it and the boomerangs are used for entertainment and hunting.

How could you have improved your research?
I could have explained it more and give more detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.