Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

The Behaviour of Matter - Diffusion

Aim

To observe diffusion in a liquid.

Equipment

-250 ml Beaker
-Water Hot and Cold
-Tweezers
-A crystal of potassium permanganate
-Straw

Method

-Half fill your 250 ml beaker with cold water.

-Place the 250 ml beaker on your workbench and allow to become settled.

-Using the tweezers, place a single crystal of potassium permanganate in the bottom centre of the beaker using a straw.

-Observe for 5 minutes

-Repeat the experiment using hot water.

Results


 -Hot


-Cold


Discussion


-The particles in the hot water cause it to move more causing it to move apart eachother faster rather than the cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.