Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Lollies Maths 2019

Problem

On Monday, Sam, Sonny, and Sylvia share some lollies that they've been given.
Sonny was given twice as many lollies as Sam.
Sylvia was given three times as many lollies as Sam.

They are given the same number of lollies each day up 
to (and including) Friday.
If Sylvia got a total of 18 lollies on Tuesday and 
Wednesday, how many lollies did Sonny get for the
whole five days?

Sy = 18/2 = 9
9/3 = Sam=3
3 x 2 = Sonny=6
Sonny=6 x 5 =30

How many lollies would Sam need to get on Saturday if 
he wanted to have 39 lollies altogether?

We started on Monday so we did 3 x 6 = 18 + 21 = 39

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.