Pages

Thursday 14 February 2019

Home Ec 2019

1. What we did 


Last Friday we made Chicken and Rice Patties - the rice and chicken was pre-cooked to quicken up the process for us. 
We kept our chicken and vegetables separated so it wouldn't cross contaminate.
We mixed all the ingredients together and put them in the oven to cook them.
I was the person who got the ingredients and sometimes my group switch roles. 

2. What we learnt

1.) First thing I learnt is that the key temperature for chicken is 75 degrees in the thickest part. Bacteria like to be in anything over than 60 degrees so anything over than that will kill them.

2.) We need to clean ourselves first before we can cook any food and we need to clean all the boards and clean the table to prevent bacteria from getting to our food.

3.) We need to use separate boards for cutting chicken and vegetable because chicken has salmonella in it and the food will cross contaminate.

Ingredients



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.