Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Astronomy in Ancient Egypt

Ancient Egyptian Astronomy was very sacred to the Ancient Egyptians. The pyramids were built to be in the same position as some of the stars. They knew when the annual flood would occur because they could see the brightest star, Sirius, rose before the sun. Because of this, throughout the decades, we were able to use the stars to point us to directions. For example, people use the north star to point them to directions. In today's time, we are able to locate different stars from very far away using the technologies we have built. One of the technologies we have today can sense star changing, exploding and many other things by sensing the vibrations it sends back to the technology they use.
Egyptian pyramid:ce.eng.usf.edu/pharos/wonders/pyramid.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.