Pages

Monday 17 February 2020

Self Directed Learning for Creative Writing

WALT - Complete and write creative writing language features.

Step 1 - I am/am not ready to learn because...
I am ready to learn because I have all the things I need to enable my learning.

Step 2 - My Learning Goals are...
My learning goals are to be able to apply metaphor, hyperbole, pun, anaphora, chiasmus, epanalepsis, listing, antithesis, simile, personification, onomatopoeia, understatement and oxymoron to my writing.

Step 3 -  To engage in the connectivist learning process, I will need...
If I don't understand some of the creative writing languages features, I will ask my teacher to help or ask my classmate. Check the slide decks or search it up on google.

Language Features
Metaphor - Her heart was like cold ice.
Hyperbole - "I've waited for like a million years"
Pun - I am koalafied for running as a president.
Anaphora - Our lives will end. Our lives will come and go. Our lives are done.
Chiasmus - We need to be ready to learn and we need to learn to be ready.
Alliteration - Joshua jumped to the jungle.
Epanalepsis - The king is dead, long live the king.
Listing -  For the party, we needed to buy some chips, beers, juice, fizzy drinks and more snacks.
Antithesis - They went up; I went down
Simile - The kite flew like an eagle.
Personification - The tree was dancing like a ballerina in the wind.
Onomatopoeia - The sound of the rain hitting the roof went tippity tap.
Understatement - Imagine being in a desert. "It's a bit hot out"
Oxymoron - The word written on the green sign said stop.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1IRh05QbAXL-FAj17g5XrSwrhS30A5xv4YAxc73IxN-E/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.