Pages

Friday 7 September 2018

The Cat and The Cradle

             THE CAT AND THE CRADLE - Link - Long Story


What is the purpose of the story?

Summary - Retold by me

The cat and the cradle story is about a young baby who is a girl born in Netherlands in the olden times where only newborns who get fed with milk or any type of food are allowed to live even if it a little bit.
The young baby was born under the house of a bad grandmother who does not want any more girls in the house and only wants a boy who can grow up into strong warriors. The parents didn't want their baby girl to die so they hid her and fed her honey. One night the baby made a friend out of a cat and played with her day in and day out, the two grew up day by day and the parents calling them "little duo." One night a flood came and took the baby and the cat away in a cradle, her cat friend meowed into the night to call for help and luckily someone heard the noise and took the baby and the cat in.
The girl grew up to be a beautiful woman and had a family of her own. They both, the girl and the cat, died of old age and were buried together.

I guess the purpose of the story is that if you love something you work hard to keep it or to have it and that friends will be there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.